Aquinnah firefighters douse early morning shed fire

Aquinnah firefighters douse early morning shed fire

by -
0

Aquinnah firefighters extinguished a shed fire early Saturday morning. There were no injuries, but the shed, which housed a wood-fired boiler used to heat a house, was destroyed, Aquinnah fire Chief Simon Bollin said.

Mr. Bollin said the first alarm came in about 6:45 am, and the first firefighters arrived about seven minutes later. They did not have far to go.

The fire was at the home of Jed Smith on Jeffers Way, just behind the fire house adjacent to Aquinnah Town Hall. Mr. Bollin said firemen made quick work of the blaze. Chilmark provided mutual aid and sent a tanker and pumper trucks.