Perched atop the clay cliffs at the tip of Aquinnah, this 51-foot-tall brick lighthouse was erected in 1856. The Martha’s Vineyard Museum manages the structure, which is under threat from erosion. A campaign to move the lighthouse is well underway. Open weekends May 21-June 15, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.; daily June 16-Oct 13, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. $5 suggested donation.
Home Gay Head Light