The Edgartown National Bank
Or Call: (888) 627-1102
2 South Water St.
Fax (508) 627-1133
Dating from 1855, the landmark Greek revival-style building at the corner of Edgartown's Main and Water Streets is the oldest brick structure on the Island. The Edgartown National Bank first opened its doors here on November 16, 1905, and our history since has been one of ever-expanding service to the Vineyard community. ENB has added branches in Edgartown, Oak Bluffs and Vineyard Haven, and has made history along the way. It was the first bank on the Island to offer an ATM machine, and it is now the oldest banking institution on the Island. As a side note of history, ENB became quite the movie prop for JAWS under the name “Amity National Bank".
ENB has always maintained an independent path and is proud to state that it is the only bank on the Island that has not changed its charter/ownership since it opened. It has provided outstanding customer service to our banking community. To quote Beriah T. Hillman, President of ENB on November 16, 1905 "Our standard, in every respect, will be high, and we hope to gain and always hold the respect and approbation of all who deal with us". This statement holds true to this day and the days going forward.