Martha's Vineyard News & Sports
Town officials scrambled to get the harbor's only fuel facility ready this week, and they say it will be open, but questions remain.
Photo by Steve Myrick
Produced by seasonal residents Bob and Sarah Nixon, "American Heroes Fishing Challenge," premiers Monday night.
Photo by Peter Simon/ National Geographic Channels)
With the Island Theater closed for major repairs and the Strand leased for other uses, movies are unlikely in Oak Bluffs this summer.
Photo by Steve Myrick
Thanks to an alert UPS driver, part of a sculpture taken from a Vineyard Haven porch last October is back in its proper place.
Photo courtesy of Granary Gallery
After debating the idea for almost two years, the selectmen say it's time to face the meter in Tisbury's Park and Ride lot.
File photo by Ralph Stewart
Martha's Vineyard News
- Conference plans that split Oak Bluffs selectmen are changed
- Fresh paint, Facebook post lead Edgartown police to suspect
- Martha's Vineyard will commemorate Memorial Day with tradition
- Monuments underscore the sacrifice we honor on Memorial Day
- Design meeting explores Water Street affordable housing options
- Gone Fishin': Can you hear me now? The bluefish are in
- Secretary of Education Matthew Malone gets a lesson in Island ed
- Martha's Vineyard District Court report
- Ring up the sun
Martha's Vineyard News Briefs
- Demolition of Old Tisbury fire station begins
- West Tisbury voters stay home; special postponed
- Nelson Mechanical Design partners with Serusa Water Well Company
- Edgartown gets a $476,425 grant for ambulance equipment
- In light turnout, Aquinnah voters say yes to $230,000 override
- Edgartown selectmen want suspension of fuel dock closure
Martha's Vineyard Sports
Updates & Scores
Mon., May. 6th : Tennis : Barnstable ends Vineyard boys unbeaten string at 32The Vineyarders suffered their first loss since the spring of 2011 as the host Red Raiders posted a 4-1 win. Kent Leonard won for MV 6-4 6-1
Sun., May. 5th : Lacrosse : Vineyard boys sink Whalers for third straight winNick Costello scored five goals and Thomas Wilkins added four as Martha's Vineyard (3-12) built an 11-1 lead and beat Nantucket 19-7.
Sun., May. 5th : Lacrosse : Nantucket edges Vineyard girls 11-10.Julia Newman scored the game-winner for the host Whalers as the Vineyarders fell to 2-8.
Sun., May. 5th : Softball : Vineyarders ground Falcons, 20-2Emily Turney belted a grand slam, Hailee McCarthy had a solo shot, and Emily Cimeno hit an inside the park homer in a win over Cambridge.
Thu., May. 2nd : Lacrosse : MV routs Coyle Cassidy 18-3 for second boys winHuck Burke scored five goals and Nick Costello four as the Vineyard boys won their second straight after an 0-12 start.
- Sharks with bats need good homes
- Vineyard girls advance in state individual tennis tourney
- Martha's Vineyard boys tennis team beats CCA and Randolph
- Vineyard sailors take two seconds, third in championship weekend
- Martha's Vineyard misses out on baseball playoffs
- Sports highlights
- Martha's Vineyard girls win lacrosse home finale
- Martha's Vineyard clinches state softball tourney berth
- Martha's Vineyard shines at EAC track meet