Our events calendar has changed
- At the top of the feed, click the green button that says “Post Your Event”
- Make sure to fill out all required fields. This includes event title, date, venue name, a brief description, and the organizer’s name, email, and phone number.
- If your event is recurring, let us know what days/dates it will recur in the “Description” field.
- You will also be required to fill out the “human verification” code from reCAPTCHA. Just type in the letters or numbers you see in the image. This is how mvtimes.com ensures you are not a robot. It’s also a good way to test your friends and family to see if they might be robots.
- When you have finished, click the green “Submit Event” button at the bottom of the screen.
- Your event may not publish immediately. It will be submitted to our editors, who will make sure your event description is brief, grammatically correct, and does not include any inappropriate language or robot slang. PLEASE DO NOT WRITE IN ALL CAPS. See? It feels aggressive.
- Once our editors review and approve your event, you will receive a confirmation email. Please allow up to 48 hours for your event to be posted.
- The submission deadline for Thursday’s paper is Monday before 12 noon. The same events you submit to the online calendar will be exported for the print edition of The Martha’s Vineyard Times, so you only need to submit once.
If you have questions about submitting or changing your event, please do not hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.