Propane grill fire burns William Street shed

0

A propane grill fire burned the outside of a shed on William Street in Vineyard Haven Wednesday night.

Assistant Fire Chief Greg Leland told The Times there was an active fire on the structure when Tisbury Fire Department arrived, but they quickly put it out.

There were no injuries.

The resident of the home made multiple attempts to put the fire out before firefighters arrived.

“It charred the side of the building,” Leland said. “There was an active fire when we got here.”

Tisbury Fire Chief John Schilling told The Times the fire destroyed the exterior of the back addition of the home, the glass of a pair of French doors and the grill, and melted exterior lights. 

Once the fire was put out, firefighters ventilated the house.