Monday, August 10, 2020

West Tisbury

There has been frost on the roof the past two mornings, silvery and sparkling.

Edgartown

Each week, I have 800 words in which to share with my town the things I think they need to know.

Oak Bluffs

And here we are again at Thanksgiving.

Artist Glenn Wolff and writer Nelson Bryant collaborate once again

The back story – the artist illustrated Mr. Bryant's Outdoors column in the New York Times for almost 26 years.

Writer Nelson Bryant recalls a lifetime in the hunt

And Glenn Wolff, the man who illustrated so many of Mr. Bryant's New York Times columns adds an image, eloquent in its own right.

Editor’s choice: Upcoming events on Martha’s Vineyard

Click on the pick for fun stuff to do this week.

A look around the Tisbury Marketplace on Martha’s Vineyard

For a location that has been around for many years, the Tisbury Marketplace has new additions to round out its spectrum of businesses.

A few words on my move to Vineyard House

Coming home to the Vineyard is one of the smartest choices I've ever made.

Engagement

Toni Elizabeth daRosa of Oak Bluffs and Shawn Albert Emin of West Tisbury have announced their engagement.

Births

Michael L.

Without compost, sand dunes would rule on Martha’s Vineyard

Each autumn, an infinity of leaves drifts down and blankets land and gardens, creating a habitable place for us.

Scott Maccaferri retires after 21 years in the Coast Guard

A formal ceremony marks the end of a productive career.

Martha’s Vineyard Bridge Club results

Neither rain nor wind keeps Island duplicate bridge players from the game.

Poets Corner: The Blond day

The Blond Day The Blond Day came leaping over the fence and danced between the orange-gold leaves and yellow-blue sky — bleaching my mind FREE of clouds and drenching away the darkness from all of the caves — It took me...

Martha’s Vineyard Community Notes

Sirens blared and public address systems resounded with little voices at big volume as the Vineyard Montessori School hosted the Truckin' MV Fundraiser Saturday at the Martha's Vineyard Regional High School.

West Tisbury

I am writing this on Veterans Day, a day of remembrance, originally to mark the end of World War I in 1918, at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month.

Tisbury

Are you ready for the holidays? Get in shape now.

Edgartown

One more week left to talk turkey before the gobblers give way to Christmas wreaths and we trade our orange and brown fall palette for red and green and silver bells.

Aquinnah

While I'm enjoying this warm weather, I do find it disturbing that it is this warm in November.

Chilmark

It's almost here.