Monday, August 10, 2020

Homecoming weekend

Though the football team was dealt a blow by Somerset (40-0) Friday evening, Homecoming Weekend continued Saturday night at the Ocean Club with the annual dance.

Aquinnah

I heard that Cranberry Day was wonderful and that this season there are a ton of cranberries.

Pumpkin Festival at Morning Glory Farm

Maybe it was because a crisp fall day dawned instead of the predicted rain.

Johnny Seaview checks in

His real name may be Oliver Perry, but on the Island he's been known as Johnny Seaview for decades.

Chilmark

The summer with its balmy breezes, sun-kissed cheeks, and sand between its toes seems to bounce along the shore effortlessly with the rising and setting of the sun.

Announcements

Lucy O.

Tisbury

Can you believe we have been enjoying the annual Harvest Supper at the Stone Church for 38 years? Make your reservations now for the 39th this Saturday.

Rainy Day: The store for everything

We have all dreamed of finding that perfect shop that has absolutely everything on our list — and then we are harshly woken up by reality.

Oak Bluffs

Fall is here with visions of warm cozy nights in front of fireplaces, slower pace to our living, and homemade cooking and baking.

Farewell to Oak Bluffs principal Laury Binney

As the entire Oak Bluffs school population filed into the gym on Friday morning, they were greeted personally and warmly by former principal Laury Binney.

The Island Food Pantry – helping our neighbors

The Island Food Pantry will open for the season on Monday, October 18 at 2 pm at the Stone Church on William Street in Vineyard Haven.

Edgartown

I hope someone out there is spending these sunny fall days out on the water or the beach, as we all know the same weather that is perfect for lazing about enjoying life is also perfect for lawn work, putting away outdoor furniture, and cleaning out the shed.

Aquinnah

Even though the season is officially over, there are still plenty of upcoming activities.

Where to get your Martha’s Vineyard pumpkin

The fall harvest time is here and it brings a plethora of one of our favorite holiday symbols and squash: pumpkins.

Four-legged hunters pace the State Forest

The Martha's Vineyard Horse Council (MVHC), a grassroots organization of Island equestrians, has a credo: If you want it, build it.

Chilmark

It has been a big year for the Villa family.

Venezuela-Bound

to be the last bird of summer.

Tisbury

Shrieks of laughter and chattering little voices provided a musical background on Sunday afternoon at the Tisbury School.

Tisbury School celebrates autumn

On Sunday afternoon, the grounds of the Tisbury School attracted more than 200 students, parents, and neighbors to the 7th annual Harvest Festival, hosted by the Parent Teacher Organization.

Is Paris cheaper than Martha’s Vineyard?

Last summer, when Holly and I were planning our budget wedding, she asked whether I'd like to spend a summer in Paris.