Saturday, October 31, 2020

Oak Bluffs

As the cold moves in, so does my lab Molly.

Chilmark

Two-and-a-half-year-old Jack made his first trip to circle the shore with Bob and Irene Hungerford, towed in a trailer behind Bob's red Ford diesel pickup truck.

Lisa Lucier “” surviving, thriving on Martha’s Vineyard

At Work is about our neighbors and what they do to earn their livings.

Announcements

London R.

Neighbors help feed neighbors on Martha’s Vineyard

Family-to-Family and the Island Food Pantry provide food for Islanders in need "” a critical boost for those most affected by difficult economic conditions.

Sweet, simple scallops

My favorite way to eat a bay scallop is raw, right there on the boat as soon as the drag is pulled out of the water and the scallops are dumped onto the culling board.

Eastern screech-owls on Martha’s Vineyard

Matt Pelikan encourages Vineyarders to step outside on a still, cold night and listen. Chances are they'll hear a screech owl not too far off.

Christmas in Edgartown

For those wishing that Christmas would come early this year, your dream is coming true this weekend with the much-anticipated Christmas in Edgartown.

Poem: Catching the wind at Morning Glory

This looks like an interesting story .

Santa rides into Tisbury

Santa rides into Tisbury on Engine 3.

From West Tisbury to Africa “” helping children, artists

At home in West Tisbury and on annual trips to Africa, Marsha Winsryg is dedicated to supporting artists and orphans in Africa.

Seasonal greens and good works in West Tisbury

Both the sanctuary and the parish hall of the First Congregational Church in West Tisbury were chock-a-block with decorations and food and gifts on Saturday, the day of the church's annual Christmas Faire.

PeaceCraft, African Artists Community Development Project

Gifts from around the globe can be found at the temporary PeaceCraft store, located inside Pyewackets on Beach Road in Vineyard Haven, and at Marsha Winsryg's African Artists Community Development Project's sale, at her house in West Tisbury.

Island Alpaca helps Red Stocking, Food Pantry

This holiday season, Island Alpaca farm is collecting donations of gifts for needy children, or non-perishable foods (value of $10 or more) at the farm, now until December 24.

Gifts under $20

Need an inexpensive holiday gift idea? There are a handful of places around the Island that can help with finding gifts under or around $20.

Gifts made on Martha’s Vineyard

Given the number of talented artisans who call the Vineyard home, the only dilemma confronting the individual in search of locally crafted gifts is choosing from an abundance of options.

Aquinnah

I hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving and that all who traveled got to their destinations safely and quickly.

Tisbury

Friends and family said farewell to Helen Burt on Saturday.

West Tisbury

Deer Week opened this morning.

Edgartown

I've never been as excited to see a bunch of wire spools as I was this weekend, and this is an electrician's daughter speaking.