Part of the family

Some Fresh Air Fund kids break new ground the minute they leave the city, often for the first time.

Y not dream?

Just 13 months after the first shovel was poked into the earth at the site along the Vineyard Haven-Edgartown Road, the new 35,000-square-foot YMCA of Martha's Vineyard opened for business, and pleasure, on Saturday, June 19.

West Tisbury

The summer solstice, and with it the longest day of the year, has come and gone.

Chilmark

Today marks the beginning of summer vacation for our local school children.

Edgartown

I was in New York City over the weekend on baby watch 2010, just waiting for my stubborn nephew to make his debut in the world.

Any rare bees around?

If pressed to list all the bees we're familiar with, most of us would run out of names after the honey bee, the bumble bee, and perhaps the carpenter bee.

Tisbury

Welcome home to Olivia Jacobs.

A nursery in the sky

is the osprey nest on the lights.

On to the next level

It's graduation season — with ceremonies for eighth-graders at the Edgartown, Oak Bluffs, Tisbury, West Tisbury, and Charter Schools.

Aquinnah

Carolyn Feltz will be selling beach stickers at the town hall Sunday through Friday, from 9 am to 12 noon.

West Tisbury

I remember feeling very Bohemian and worldly, sitting in The Elms Inn drinking wine and eating escargots.

Chilmark

Tonight is the night our eighth-grade students who have attended the West Tisbury School will promenade and take on the task of becoming high school freshman.

The elusive pink nose

Zig, a handsome eight-year-old orange kitty, came in for his annual physical and vaccinations.

Keep on keeping up

The West Tisbury Farmers' Market has resumed at the Grange Hall.

Edgartown

I've just had my first truly summer-oriented weekend, playing tour guide to friends visiting from Boston.

Neal Maciel – a life in law enforcement

The work on the trim of his Tisbury home will be done now, the skylight completed, and most likely a couple of books on history will be read.

Oak Bluffs

I had some questions from readers who were unable to locate the Town Columns on the website.

Announcements

Meghan Rae Gosselin of Vineyard Haven and Brian James Keegan of Plymouth announce their engagement.