Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Zumbathon

Curves, on the lower level of the Woodland Center in Vineyard Haven, was the host site on Monday for a benefit workout for the American Heart Association.

Tisbury

Big bunches of birthday balloon wishes go out to Ted Thomas.

Edgartown

Brrrr! That groundhog may have predicted an early spring, but right now I am chilled to the bone.

West Tisbury

Suzanne Hammond called me last week to announce the appearance of her first snow crocus.

Oak Bluffs

There really was some earth underneath all of that ice that has held us hostage for so many weeks.

Tisbury

Good wishes for a rapid recovery go to Mary Jean Miner.

Chilmark

Late nights in front of the computer, countless hours pounding the pavement seeking out auction donations, baking and frosting tasty desserts, and a day's worth of decorating really paid off once all was said...

Aquinnah

It looks like we're in for a little February thaw with temperatures in the 40s most of the week.

Noteworthy

The Permanent Endowment for Martha's Vineyard is accepting applications for its 2011 scholarship program.

Announcements

Niki DeHaro and Andrew Kelly of Edgartown announce the birth of their daughter, Harper Mary-Catherine Kelly, on February 8 at Martha's Vineyard Hospital.

Kiddo’s comfortable in new Oak Bluffs location

Where can a mother head with her young one knowing that they both will have a good time shopping? Where does a grandmother go to get just the right gift for her first grandchild? What about where a best friend goes to fill a basket for her best friend's baby shower? Lucky for all of them, and you, it is a one-stop shop at Kiddo's.

Lauren McDowell – dynamic, idealistic, and now a prosecutor

To hear Lauren McDowell tell it, her up-Island childhood was not out of the ordinary. Typical for Chilmark maybe, but to most folks, growing up here is anything but.

Where are you heading for school vacation week

The Times invites Island students and their families traveling during school vacation week to submit a brief account of their trip along with photographs.

Cooking up a Valentine’s dinner on Martha’s Vineyard

There was a pasta dish with seared prawns, dill and leeks, braised chicken thighs, oven-roasted Brussels sprouts, and the grand finale: chocolate mousse parfait with raspberries and vanilla wafers.

Spring’s on the way – birdsongs tell us so

For me, the most enjoyable sign of spring's approach is the gradual resurgence of birdsong on the Vineyard.

High school science fair competition is about learning and doing

Saturday's science fair buzzed with the energy of more than 200 high school students, 30 judges, a dozen volunteers, science teachers and onlookers.

Edgartown

Here I type in a sundress in St.

West Tisbury

Sunday's Super Bowl was exciting, but not as exciting for me as seeing baseball players tossing a ball around the diamond across the street.

Oak Bluffs

Wasn't in great to see some ground free of snow after the rains of last weekend? It was rather startling to hear the crashes of thunder and then the winds blowing so hard through the night, but it did a great clean-up job.