Saturday, August 13, 2022

West Tisbury

It was like summer at the beach this New Year's Day.

Tisbury

Didn't we all glory in that beautiful spring weather last week? It was grand while it lasted.

Chilmark

We all have traditions.

Not your average school lunch in Chilmark

On a Friday last month, the Chilmark School had its second community lunch at the Chilmark Community Center.

Conserve heat, save money

Do heating bills have you down? Are you already wishing for spring, even though you haven't hit the slopes yet? Unfortunately we haven't even gotten to the worst of winter yet, but there is hope to get your bills down to a more manageable number with little or no cost to you.

Noteworthy

On Thursday, Jan.

Christmas Bird Count reflects Island bird behavior

The 51st Vineyard Christmas Bird Count (CBC) took place on Sunday, January 2, with about two dozen Islanders and guests participating.

To three buddies

can be glimpsed some days near Linda Jean's.

The new Edgartown Hardware “” more product, more parking

Edgartown Hardware will open at 7:30 am on Monday and will close at 4 pm just as it does every day in winter.

Announcements

Stela P.

Vineyarders adopt new resolutions for the new year

As 2011 swept ashore over the weekend, Vineyarders were asked about how they planned to handle the new year. Gwyn McCallister collected some of our resolutions.

On their Way – Alex Baynes

Alex Baynes, class of 2000, made his public mark as an athlete, playing baseball, hockey, and running track. Navy Lieutenant Baynes continues to excel.

Oak Bluffs

Can you believe we actually got a white Christmas and not only that, the weather forecast seemed to be right on the money.

West Tisbury

Wet snowflakes are blowing past my windows as I'm settled on the sofa writing my column.

Tisbury

Shoppers began taking advantage of the holiday pre-inventory sales in the early hours of the blizzard on Sunday.

Chilmark

It is Sunday night.

Aquinnah

Well, well, well the Sunday after Christmas was perhaps not the best day for traveling in the Northeast.

Edgartown

The holidays are coming to a close, which means the start to another new year.

Skating with Santa

Islanders of all shapes, ages, and sizes took to the ice at the M.