Tuesday, May 28, 2024
Home Community Page 907

Community

Aquinnah

Well, the first order of business today is to welcome Beverly Wright to the Board of Selectmen.

What’s Next

In the words of Snoopy: arrghhh.

From Martha’s Vineyard, fighting for human rights in Germany

The Times occasionally publishes essays from Vineyarders at home and abroad who are doing important work or having noteworthy experiences.

Edgartown

One week away from Memorial Day weekend, and I feel like I have a forest of oak trees attempting to take root in my lungs.

Engagements/Weddings

Jennifer Salamone & Joseph K.

Births

Maddison L.

Jacqueline L. Rocks

Jacqueline Lucas Rocks, a yoga teacher, photographer, and summer resident of the Vineyard known for her big heart and great eyewear, died at her home in Port Chester, N.

A thing about bluebirds

I have a thing about bluebirds.

Martha’s Vineyard walkers take on cancer

Cruising around the Island these few precious May days, one tends to see a lot of pink.

Bird species come and go on Martha’s Vineyard over time

A phrase like "the bird life of Martha's Vineyard" projects a certain grandeur and sense of permanence.

Benefit for Kevin Searle of Edgartown

Some 200 friends of Kevin Searle gathered at the P-A club Saturday night to eat, socialize, and raise money for the guest of honor.

Fantasy sports flourish on Martha’s Vineyard

Imagine you own a baseball team with present-day versions of Williams, DiMaggio, and Mays patrolling the same outfield — or Aaron, Musial, and Mantle.

Planning ahead recommended for Martha’s Vineyard seniors

Talking about death makes most of us uncomfortable.

AmeriCorps pitches in on Martha’s Vineyard

Nine volunteers from AmeriCorps are on the Island for two months, helping local nonprofit organizations push pet projects forward.

Oak Bluffs

Well the town is "in the pink," and many other colors, as most of the spring-flowering trees and shrubs are at their peak this time of year.

Edith M.G. Hurd

Edith Marie Germane Hurd, a Vineyard Haven resident and businesswoman since 1990, died on May 4, 2011, in Falmouth from pneumonia after earlier surgery for a broken hip.

Summer camps on Martha’s Vineyard

Summer is right around the corner and kids are likely already counting down the time until summer starts.

Aquinnah

While spring seems to be bursting out all over the Island, there are still spots of gray up in Aquinnah.