- Choose $40 On-Island Print & Online, $40 Online Only, or $125 Off-Island Print & Online (first-class mail).
- Create an account by entering your email address.
- Then follow through to make your payment.
- Remember to enter your first and last name.
- You’ll get a receipt via email, then an email thanking you for subscribing. That email contains a link “Click here to add your mailing address,” which (for security reasons) sends another email which has the form where you can add your Mailing address.
- Please ONLY enter your mailing address (we do not need your physical address unless that is where you get your mail delivered). On this form you can specify if you want the print edition mailed to you, or just digital. Signing up for a print newspaper includes online access.
- Email us, if you have additional questions.
How do I subscribe / Log in to my account?
You can do that. Stop in to the MV Times at 30 Beach Road, Vineyard Haven, and we’ll get you subscribed so that you get your paper as well as continued online access. You can also mail us a check to MV Times PO Box 518 Vineyard Haven MA 02568, along with a note giving your name, contact details, and whether you want a print and online subscription or just online (if this information is not on the check).
Subscriptions will get you delivery of the weekly paper and unlimited access to our web content. The MV Times Minute, our award-winning daily e-newsletter, will remain free (sign up here: mvtimes.com/newsletters). You can opt in or out of The Minute newsletter.
1. Go to mvtimes.com.
2. When the page has finished loading, go to the lower right corner MV Times circular icon and click it.
3. Enter your email address (if you use two email addresses, please make sure you use the one you used when you subscribed).
4. Enter your password, or create one if this is your first login.
5. If you forgot your password, click “reset password” and make sure you check the inbox for the email address you used when you subscribed.
6. Click reset password. This brings you back to the MV Times. Enter/reset your password.
You may share your log-in and password info with family members for online access, but for security reasons we recommend not sharing it with anyone outside your immediate household.
Where do I add my mailing address?
Once you pay for a subscription, you should receive a receipt via email. That will be followed by an email that has a link (it says “click here to add/update your mailing address”). Clicking that will lead you to a form where you can input your mailing address.
What about the Paywall?
After viewing five articles (individual stories) in a calendar month, you will be asked to subscribe (if you haven’t already subscribed to the print issue). You’ll be able to see all pages on the site: the home page, the news page, the webcam page, etc., and you’ll be able to click on unlimited ads, classified ads, events, real estate listings, and “sponsored” content (such as Business Page stories, Health Beat stories, and Real Estate Confidential). If we have important, breaking news, ferry cancellations, or road closures, these stories will also be free, and will not count toward your five-story limit.
To sign in to your online account at mvtimes.com
- Go to our website, when the page finishes loading, click on the lower right circular icon.
- In the window that opens, enter your email address. NOTE: make sure you use the same email address you used when you subscribed. Many people have two email addresses.
- In the next screen, enter your password. If you don’t remember your password, click “reset password” or “magic link.” This will send you an email.
- If you have more than one email address, make sure that you check the correct email box for your magic link or reset password email.
- If you don’t see your magic link, also check you spam/junk email folder.
- Magic links last for 2 hours and can not be resent for 24 hours. If you need to send another magic link, call us at 508-693-6100 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send another for you.
- Once you reset your password, you will have access.
Why can't I leave a comment on a story?
What if I'm a seasonal resident?
Please note that under our mailing permit, the Post Office will forward your newspaper for only 60 days. If you want the MV Times to mail your paper to your off-Island address for any part of the year, you will need to subscribe at the $125 off-island rate.
No! If you do not want the print paper mailed to you off-Island, digital access is only $40. We only charge more for off-Island print subscriptions because it costs more to mail the paper.
How do I stop the pop-ups?
You will need to log into your account. Go to mvtimes.com, click on the round icon (lower right corner of your screen) and enter your email address. Click the purple arrow (to the right of the email field) and you’ll get a window asking you to create a password (or enter a password if you have already created one). If you forgot your password, then you can click “reset password”. If you want to get quick access, click “send a magic link” and check your email. After you log into the site, you should no longer see those pop-ups (your device should use “cookies” to remember your log-in).
How long will my subscription last?
Do you offer discounts?
While we do not offer discounts, The MV Times supplies free newspapers and provides free online access to libraries, senior centers, town halls, schools, and waiting rooms at the hospital.
Can I unsubscribe?
Please don’t. If you unsubscribe to an email related to your subscription, you will remove yourself from our mailing list and may not get your newspaper, and we will not be able to reach you in regard to your subscription. If you wish to unsubscribe to The Minute e-newsletter, please log in to your account via the MV Times circular icon in the lower right of our website, and uncheck the box to the left of The Minute Newsletter.
What about gift subscriptions?
Yes! Click here, and you’ll see the “gift subscription” link. If you want to walk into the office, we can do it for you. Online gift subscriptions are emailed to the recipient right away. If you want it to be a surprise, call us at 508-693-6100, extension #32, and we can set up the gift subscription and send out a nice gift card for you.
Where can I get a newspaper without subscribing?
Newspapers are $1 on newsstands. You can also drop in to The MV Times at 30 Beach Road, Vineyard Haven, or pick one up at several locations, including Cronig’s, Tony’s, Stop & Shop, and Cumberland Farms.
The MV Times supplies free newspapers and provides free online access to organizations such as libraries, senior centers, town halls, and schools.
What about The Minute E-Newsletter?
The recommended way to opt in or out of The Minute e-newsletter is at the time you subscribe, and you can change your mind at any time by logging in to your account via the MV Times circular icon in the lower right corner of our website.