- What flavors make up Moroccan cooking?
Hot harissa, a complex blend of chilis and cumin
- Preserved lemons, many recipes call for lemons that have been pickled in salt and their own juices
- Ras el hanout, this translates to “top of the shelf” is the best that a merchant can offer. It can be up to 30 ingredients. We like, cumin, cinnamon, anise, ginger, allspice, nutmeg and coriander. Get to know this spice and use it liberally.
This week the Back Porch will offer Moroccan Chicken with Ras el hanout and preserved lemons. Moroccan Flavors have been a favorite of the Kitchen Porch Catering and you can find all the spices you need including Preserved Lemons at the Back Porch.
If you’re simply too busy to cook, pick up dinner at Back Porch at the MV Airport Business Park. Call ahead by 10 am for pick up between 3 and 6 pm.
The week of January 12 offers
- Roasted Moroccan Chicken, or roasted vegetables (for our vegetarians)
with Olive Chickpeas and Sun-dried Tomato CousCous
- Lentil Soup
- Spicy Turkey Chili
Looking for something for a party of 20 or more? Back Porch is ready to serve creatively presented dinners for your parties of 20 or more guests.
A sample of our Persian Dinner
- Iranian Lemon Chicken Roasted
- Lamb Kabobs with Red Onion & Dates
- Persian Wedding Rice with Pistachios, Citrus Loads of Herbs and Mulberries
- Bok Choy and Eggplant with Charred Onions
- Boston Lettuce with Citrus and Fennel Sumac and Thyme Dressing
- Lemon Pudding Parfait and Toasted Coconut with Rose Petals (GF and Sugar Free)
- Almond Cookies (GF)
All of our dinners are built with sustainably raised animals and vegetables, and are gluten-free. Our desserts are free of processed sugar and sweetened with fruit.
The Back Porch is open Tuesday through Friday from 7:45 am to 4 pm, and is located at 14A Street in the M.V. Airport Business Park, across from the RMV. To register for a class, call 508-645-6000. Leave your order at 508 560 5775. For more information visit kitchenporch.com/culinary-experiences.