The Edgartown Council on Aging serves as an information and referral source to long-term services and supports available to older adults. We offer an array of programs and volunteer opportunities. Masks are required in all town buildings. Open Monday-Friday, 9-4.
To stay updated on our current programs, please sign up to receive our emails and monthly digital newsletter by contacting Meris at email@example.com, or call 508-627-4368. Meris is also the go-to contact for registering for all programs!
The following programs require advance registration. Contact Meris to get signed up:
- The Vineyard Sound, July 30 at 1 pm. Join us at the Anchors for an outdoor performance by the island’s favorite a capella group.
- Hearing Wellness with Shawn Woodbrey, July 12. Appointments beginning at 9 am.
- Pedi-care (nondiabetic nail care) with Grete Christiansen, July 20.
- Brown Bag Lunch pickup at the ECOA begins Tuesdays, 11 am or 12:30 pm. See our newsletter for weekly offerings.
- Bridge meets Mondays and Wednesdays, 12:30–3:30pm.
- Mah Jong, Chinese and American. Meets Tuesdays and Fridays, 1–3 pm.
- Men’s Card Group meets Thursdays at 1 pm. Gin, backgammon, cribbage.
- SHINE counselor Bill Glazier is available for consultations. Call 508-627-4368 for an appointment.
Other programs that do not require advance registration:
- Coffee Social, Tuesdays and Fridays, 10–11:30am. Let’s get together! Coffee, conversation, music, and games at the Anchors.
- Plant Swap is ongoing in the raised garden bed at the back of the Anchors building. Come and check it out!
- Poets meet Thursdays at 9:30 am.
- Knitting and Needlework, Mondays at 4 pm. Knitting for Charity, Tuesdays at 10 am.
- Yoga and Tai Chi take a break for summer and return in the fall.
We hope to see you at the Anchors!