Oak Bluffs Council on Aging
21 Wamsutta Ave.
Rose M. Cogliano, 508-693-4509, ext 3
Weekly Exercise, In-person and Zoom
Exercise will continue in Zoom format, but we are excited to have all exercise classes live and in person at Oak Bluffs Council on Aging. Masks are optional.
9 am, group exercise on Zoom with Patience Campbell and Marilyn Miller
9 am – Zoom exercise with Bill White
9 am – Zoom exercise with Floyd Lifton. Please be ready with your Zoom device, whether computer, tablet, smartphone, or landline (audio only), and an armless chair.
To join the exercise group by phone, call 301-715-8592 or 312-626-6799.
Meeting ID: 897 4727 1394
Coffee and Conversation daily at 9 am.
Reiki with Wakenda Johnson. Every Monday, 11 am to noon. Reiki is a complementary therapy relating to energy healing. People use it for anxiety, stress, heart disease, and other issues. There is no charge for the classes. The classes will be instructed by Wakenda Johnson, who is experienced in the Reiki technique and lifestyle.
Crocheting with a Cop every Tuesday, 2 to 3 pm, with Oak Bluffs police officer Savannah Barnes. Bring your crochet hooks and whip up fast and easy baby hats for donation. Feel free to stop by, you’ll get hooked.
August 9, 15, and 22, 1 to 3 pm: Bingo! Celebrating our 31st program year.
Luncheon with Oak Bluffs Council on Aging (OBCOA) and Oak Bluffs Police Department – noon, Thursday, August 10, and August 24. Please call to schedule your reservation. Sorry, no walk-ins.
11 am to 3 pm, UFO’s: Unfinished Objects. Bring your bookkeeping, needlework, sewing, or whatever is unfinished, and work on it together with others. 11:45 am to 3 pm, Game Day: MahJong, Scrabble.
Announcements & Special Events
- Town Nurse Clinic: Tuesday, August 1, 12:30 to 1:30 pm. Please call to pre-register.
- Coffee with a Cop: Join us on Wednesday, August 2, at 10:30 am for coffee with Chief Jonathan Searle and his great staff. Please call 508-693-4509, ext. 3, to pre-register.
- Animal Mobile Learning with Karen Ogden will return Fall 2023.
- We are coordinating a Chartered Casino Trip for Autumn 2023. Please contact Rose at 508-693-4509, ext. 3, for further information and to sign up.
- OBCOA and Lew Leskaris are interested in starting a Chess Group in September 2023 that would meet weekly at OBCOA. Please call for further information and to sign up.
- OBCOA and Hans von Steiger are interested in starting a Bridge Group that would meet weekly at OBCOA. Please call for further information and to sign up.
- We have a wonderful selection of puzzles available to take home.
We offer assistance with SNAP, Lifeline, Durable Medical Equipment, Fuel Assistance, Telephone Reassurance calls, Insurance Assistance, and Monthly Social Security Video Display.