Wednesday, July 28, 2021
Home Town Columns Edgartown

Edgartown

Edgartown: Patience in the summer

We are in the last week of July. How did that happen? It has gone so quickly. I’ve been working a lot, with summer school in the mornings and working security in the M.V....

Edgartown: Yacht Club races and summer soiree

We are at the halfway mark of July. How are you holding up? I could do with some dry, sunny days. I feel like everything is getting musty and moldy, including me. But we...

Edgartown: Propane for PTA

This is truly one weird summer. The weather is all over the place, though sunshine has been at a minimum these days. Sometimes we go somewhere and the crowds are a nightmare. But then...

Edgartown: When in Rome…

Well, the holiday weekend was a bit of a washout, wasn’t it? Just like Memorial Day weekend, the 4th of July brought us cold, wind, and rains. I hope that it proved good for...

Edgartown: Self-guided tours

My, oh my. It already feels like July or August. The heat. The humidity. The people. The traffic. I don’t remember June being quite this busy in the past. It makes me worry that...

Edgartown: Outdoor activities

I’m feeling a bit of writer’s block this morning as I sit down to write. That’s not good. I think it’s because I’m on the cusp of vacation and I’ve got some brain cells...

Edgartown: Reading to a stuffed animal

I’m sitting down to write this on Sunday evening. Ironically, Sunday is supposed to be the “beginning” of the week, but tonight it feels like the end of a very long week. It was...

Edgartown: Being grateful

Some days I am completely overwhelmed with being grateful. Today was one of those days. Mind you, I always try to be grateful but some days are harder than others to maintain that perspective....

Edgartown: Drive-in movies

What a difference a week makes. Last Sunday I was sitting on the beach with Amelia and some friends, melting in 80-degree heat and swimming several times to beat the heat. This week I’m...

Edgartown: M.V. Garden Club

This weekend was a mix of emotions. We ventured to Natick to lay our Mimi to rest next to my father-in-law, John Casey, on Saturday in a very short but sweet service. It brought...

Edgartown: Photo contest and bike safety

This weekend was such a gift weather-wise, wasn’t it? My goodness — the sun, the warmth, the fragrance of lilacs in the air. Oh my, it filled my soul with joy and happiness. I’ve...

Edgartown: Crescendo Performing Arts

Today, Sunday, was such a beautiful sunny day, at least until late afternoon. We uncovered the comfy chairs on the back deck and spent the morning in the sunshine. Good coffee in the warm...

Edgartown: New shop on Kelley Street

I’m sitting down early to write this week. School vacation week is coming to an end, and to be completely honest, I always suffer some anxiety about heading back into work. I kind of...

Edgartown: Bookstore event and piano concert

School vacation week! I’m having a “stay-cation,” working on a yearbook, cleaning my house, cleaning my car, yard work, and such. It’s not as fun or amazing as the Caribbean or Disney World, but...

Edgartown: Childhood memories

Social media is a blessing and a curse. It’s a ridiculous time suck. I love to sit and scroll through and see people’s pictures and posts or laugh at silly memes and videos. It...

Edgartown: Spring pinkletink music

Happy first full week of April. Monday marked the return to full-time, in-person learning for all of the students at the Edgartown School. Whenever we start something new there is always a little bit...

Edgartown: Farm Institute eggs and dye

Happy April. The year sure is flying by. Every year I say how fast it goes and every year it seems to go faster. And here it is April already. I feel like I...

Edgartown: Featherstone videos

Happy Spring! We made it. Flowers are beginning to bloom, birds are singing, the sun is shining, and we’ve actually hit 50 degrees or more, at least for a little while. I was actually...

Edgartown: Vaccinations and schools

Winter has come back to visit after some beautiful spring weather last week. But this is the time of year that I know it can’t hold tight with an iron fist. The sun and...

Edgartown: Reflection and hope

One year. One year since the world turned and everything stopped. Last year at this time, we traveled down to Parris Island for my boy Riley’s graduation from USMC boot camp. We were becoming...
>