Wednesday, April 14, 2021
Home Town Columns Edgartown

Edgartown

Edgartown: Childhood memories

Social media is a blessing and a curse. It’s a ridiculous time suck. I love to sit and scroll through and see people’s pictures and posts or laugh at silly memes and videos. It...

Edgartown: Spring pinkletink music

Happy first full week of April. Monday marked the return to full-time, in-person learning for all of the students at the Edgartown School. Whenever we start something new there is always a little bit...

Edgartown: Farm Institute eggs and dye

Happy April. The year sure is flying by. Every year I say how fast it goes and every year it seems to go faster. And here it is April already. I feel like I...

Edgartown: Featherstone videos

Happy Spring! We made it. Flowers are beginning to bloom, birds are singing, the sun is shining, and we’ve actually hit 50 degrees or more, at least for a little while. I was actually...

Edgartown: Vaccinations and schools

Winter has come back to visit after some beautiful spring weather last week. But this is the time of year that I know it can’t hold tight with an iron fist. The sun and...

Edgartown: Reflection and hope

One year. One year since the world turned and everything stopped. Last year at this time, we traveled down to Parris Island for my boy Riley’s graduation from USMC boot camp. We were becoming...

Edgartown: Early signs of spring

I’m sitting here writing this week’s column on Sunday night, the final night of February vacation and the eve of March. After several days last week that hinted at spring on the horizon, it...

Edgartown: Rhythm of Life

After talking to many of my students as well as some staff in the building last week, I was convinced that everyone on this Island was going to be traveling for February vacation this...

Edgartown: Healthy recipes

Hello, Edgartown. We’ve made it halfway through February and boy has it been cold. But we’ve also seen some sunshine and blue skies so that helps. Today, as I write this, it is the...

Edgartown: Restorative yoga

Like most of us, I watched the Super Bowl tonight. How could we not root for Tom Brady? He brought us 20 amazing years of football with the Patriots. I, for one, wanted to...

Edgartown: Juggling with hands and feet

Welcome, February. I’ve been struggling with the cold temperatures we’ve been experiencing for the last week or so. Brrrrrrr. And my timing was terrible last week when I broke the zipper on my winter...

Edgartown: Beginner birding

This week’s TV watching, of course, included the inauguration last Wednesday. My students even asked to watch it during lunch. Politics aside, I loved all the colors of the clothing; bright, beautiful, cheery colors...

Edgartown: Vineyard Mystery movie

I am watching “Pretend It’s A City” on Netflix as I write this. It’s a limited series about Fran Lebowitz’s views on New York. Now, I don’t know New York City at all. I’ve...

Edgartown: Starting new hobbies

We are well entrenched in January now. The winter doldrums. Most businesses seem to be closed up for a long winter’s nap, either due to winter or COVID, and there isn’t a lot to...

Edgartown: A shift in perspective

Happy New Year! Goodbye 2020. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out. Welcome 2021. I saw a post on Facebook that said something to the effect of: “To 2021: Remember, you...

Edgartown: Keeping the holidays alive

I’m sitting on the couch, Foster the dog sitting so close he could be typing this, relishing in the post-Christmas glow and happiness. I hope everyone had a joyous holiday season, whatever holiday you...

Edgartown: New ways to share joy

As I write this week’s column, I am gazing upon my Christmas tree with lights, still awaiting ornaments. We decorated the front of the house early, but we have held off on the tree...

Edgartown: Library home delivery

By the time you all read this, I should be the happiest Mama Bear around. My boy is due home this week on leave for a couple of weeks and I am so excited....

Edgartown: Holiday town events

My goodness, we had quite the storm this weekend, didn’t we? The rain was endless but at least it wasn’t snow. In my opinion, that is a big win. I pretty much treated it...

Edgartown: Teddy Bear Suite

I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving and that you were able to enjoy it safely with a few loved ones. I have very much enjoyed having a mini vacation this week and a...
>