Friday, January 22, 2021
Home Town Columns Edgartown

Edgartown

Edgartown: Vineyard Mystery movie

I am watching “Pretend It’s A City” on Netflix as I write this. It’s a limited series about Fran Lebowitz’s views on New York. Now, I don’t know New York City at all. I’ve...

Edgartown: Starting new hobbies

We are well entrenched in January now. The winter doldrums. Most businesses seem to be closed up for a long winter’s nap, either due to winter or COVID, and there isn’t a lot to...

Edgartown: A shift in perspective

Happy New Year! Goodbye 2020. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out. Welcome 2021. I saw a post on Facebook that said something to the effect of: “To 2021: Remember, you...

Edgartown: Keeping the holidays alive

I’m sitting on the couch, Foster the dog sitting so close he could be typing this, relishing in the post-Christmas glow and happiness. I hope everyone had a joyous holiday season, whatever holiday you...

Edgartown: New ways to share joy

As I write this week’s column, I am gazing upon my Christmas tree with lights, still awaiting ornaments. We decorated the front of the house early, but we have held off on the tree...

Edgartown: Library home delivery

By the time you all read this, I should be the happiest Mama Bear around. My boy is due home this week on leave for a couple of weeks and I am so excited....

Edgartown: Holiday town events

My goodness, we had quite the storm this weekend, didn’t we? The rain was endless but at least it wasn’t snow. In my opinion, that is a big win. I pretty much treated it...

Edgartown: Teddy Bear Suite

I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving and that you were able to enjoy it safely with a few loved ones. I have very much enjoyed having a mini vacation this week and a...

Edgartown: Patrolmen’s Association

Quick turnaround time between my last column and this one! The holiday season is upon us and Thanksgiving is here. That seemed so fast to me. Of course, the weather was so gorgeous a...

Edgartown: School committee meetings

I’m not going to lie. I’m beginning to feel like a COVID target again. When COVID first broke, I think many of us felt that way. Then we gained a little trust (not a...

Edgartown: School shuffling

How about this summer in November? I know in my heart that the fact that it is 70 degrees in November means bad things environmentally, but it sure does fill my heart and soul...

Edgartown: Staying cautious yet positive

Happy November. I have to say that I am not a fan of turning our clocks back in the fall and it getting dark earlier for the next several months. But that first day...

Edgartown: All Island School Committee

I love a productive weekend. It always gives me a strong sense of satisfaction to cross some things off of what always seems to be a very long to-do list. Chores seem to be...

Edgartown: Halloween at the Carnegie

The days are still providing wonderful opportunities for walks on the beach or working outside but the nights sure are getting chilly. I’ve turned my heat on twice. I used to have a rule...

Edgartown: School plans taking shape

I’m shocked that we find ourselves in the middle of October already. Life is flying by so fast. I’m not really complaining, given how challenging 2020 has been, but at the same time, I...

Edgartown: Tom Dresser book talks

Today was an absolutely glorious day. The sun was shining bright, the sky was a cerulean blue that artists dream about, the temperatures were divine, and the beach was empty. Granted, thanks to my...

Edgartown: Autumn hiking group

It’s been so nice to have the warmer temperatures back after a week of cold and wind. That was a harsh week, that came on too suddenly for my summer soul. I managed to...

Edgartown: VIP yard and art sale

As I write tonight, with an early deadline this week, the news has just come across the TV that Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg has passed away tonight. I am immensely sad at...

Edgartown: Focusing on the good things

We are now firmly entrenched in September. I always have a sadness at the end of summer as we drift into fall, but I’m not feeling it as much this year. I think this...

Edgartown: Teachers shuffle classrooms

I remember as a kid, Labor Day meant the END of summer. If you drove down Main Street the day after Labor Day, it was a ghost town. Parking everywhere. Stores closed, maybe to...
>