Friday, October 30, 2020

Tisbury

Tisbury: Browsing in the backyard

Heard on Main Street: Beware. The goblins’ll get you if you don’t watch out. Celebrate Halloween with lots of spirit(s). Turn your clocks back Halloween night, and it will be daylight when your alarm goes...

Tisbury: Little House on the Prairie

Heard on Main Street: It is a fact that the second mouse gets the cheese. Farmers, take note: There is a free — no cost — series to be offered by A.C.E. M.V. to farmers,...

Tisbury: Upcoming Beach Road closure

Heard on Main Street: Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else. Watch large and small animals in the wild. Sally Naser will share her hobby with Wildlife Cams through Zoom from our...

Tisbury: Visual and culinary art events

Heard on Main Street: Love your enemies — it will confuse them greatly. How would you like to try some Saturday morning hikes on-Island? They are sponsored by BeWellMV and Cape Cod Municipal Health in...

Tisbury: Biking on a sandy path

Heard on Main Street: Ignoring the facts does not change the facts. Sometimes I feel as if I am taking baby steps. But I am still afraid to eat meals inside a restaurant. I am...

Tisbury: Creative and practical masks

Heard on Main Street: Be the person your dog thinks you are. I am so glad they are not closing Beach Road yet. If you go by the markers, the plan is rather confusing. It...

Tisbury: Preparing for climate impacts

Heard on Main Street: Don't be irreplaceable. If you can't be replaced, you can't be promoted. The Tisbury Community Preservation Committee is looking for worthy projects in our town. You have to apply to get...

Tisbury: Maritime art show comes to Island

It will be good to have the YMCA opening up, at least partially. Mostly because soon it will be too cold outside for my early morning walks. I did not know Bob Dutton well, but...

Tisbury: Good food and conversation

Heard on Main Street: We could learn a lot from crayons: Some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors ... but they all exist...

Tisbury: Good things come to those who wait

Heard on Main Street: Just be yourself. No one can say you are doing it wrong. Completed mail-in ballots for the primary may be dropped off at the Tisbury Town Hall during business hours, 8:30...

Tisbury: Discoveries at the library

Heard on Main Street: Get rid of anything that isn't useful. Clutter weighs you down in many ways. And clutter also makes it very hard to find things. But I do have good intentions. The library...

Tisbury: Wild summer antics near and far

Heard on Main Street: Sometimes when I open my mouth, my mother comes out. Driving slowly on Lagoon Pond Road is usually necessary, but one morning last week more so than usual. Two boys on...

Tisbury: Be mindful of bike riders

Heard on Main Street: Don't wait for people to be friendly, show them how. Wear a mask. Best wishes go to Myra Stark. Accidents are always startling, and it seems to take a while to...

Tisbury: Local foraging delights

Heard on Main Street: Tell a man that there are 400 billion stars and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint, and he has to touch it. I am so happy when...

Tisbury: Mystery packages

Heard on Main Street: I actually wore a sweater last week. It was rather nice. This is July, right? The large numbers of cars and people crowding our Island make it hard to realize that...

Tisbury: Upcoming literature series

Heard on Main Street: If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it. We are all tired of masks and that whole issue. Today I saw some people,...

Tisbury: Special gala from Playhouse

Heard on Main Street: It’s still true. I have to exercise early in the morning before my brain figures out what I'm doing. I do keep talking about my blessings, and today I had another...

Tisbury: Living fully in the moment

Heard on Main Street: Don’t take yourself too seriously. No one else does. There is nothing that delights a mother more than to hear, “Mom, I’m home!” Especially when the mother hasn’t seen that child...

Tisbury: One step at a time

Heard on Main Street: Never test the depth of the water with both feet. Tisbury voters are to be commended for their splendid turnout for the town meeting. Was it just that everyone needed to...

Tisbury: A new chapter in the world

Heard on Main Street: Take a deep breath. It calms the mind. Thank you to whoever came up with the idea to put up signs across our neighborhoods to remind us to celebrate our local...