Saturday, September 18, 2021

Tisbury

Tisbury: West Chop loop

Heard on Main Street: “Everyone is ignorant, only in different subjects.”  –Will Rogers The Vineyard Haven library invites you to join in the virtual annual 5K Walk/Run to the Chop to benefit the library. This...

Tisbury: Vanessa the Sea Serpent

Heard on Main Street: A good friend is like an old quilt, giving comfort and warmth. Most of us here were pretty lucky during the storm. I was glad I slept through the very specific...

Tisbury: Cautionary tale

I need to tell you something important. I had a security incident two weeks ago. Things are improving, but, without my home computer working, I wanted to share what we should all know. My...

Tisbury: Livingston Taylor concert

Heard on Main Street: Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. I am...

Tisbury: Trustees’ Go Passes

Heard on Main Street: Duct tape is like “The Force,” It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together. Last week I enjoyed a lovely visit with Johanna Robichau....

Tisbury: Exhibit about The Cottagers

Heard on Main Street: Miracles happen every day; change your perception of what a miracle is and you'll see them all around you. (Jon Bon Jovi) I’ve decided there is a real difference between July...

Tisbury: Owen Park concerts

Heard on Main Street: I know I am sometimes forgetful, but some things in life are just as well forgotten. Then again, some mistakes are too much fun to only make once. I expect we’ll...

Tisbury: Lilac Girls and Sunflower Sisters

Heard on Main Street: We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty, and some are dull. Some have weird names and all are different colors, but they all have...

Tisbury: Library’s program room

Heard on Main Street: Enjoy this life; you only have one opportunity. The Vineyard Haven Band will be playing in Owen Park three times this year. One is next Sunday. Make a note: Sunday, July...

Tisbury: Tom Dresser’s latest book

Heard on Main Street: When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane. I learned that two small bands of musicians were entertaining a small crowd even in the light mist on Friday evening...

Tisbury: 350-year history

Heard on Main Street: Drive carefully. It's not only cars that can be recalled by their Maker. The Martha’s Vineyard Museum has a new exhibit on the Union Chapel. It was built 150 years ago...

Tisbury: Island traffic

Heard on Main Street: Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone. And it’s okay to let your children see your tears. The Tisbury voters are wonderful. They make me proud, not only supporting...

Tisbury: Outdoor theater events

Heard on Main Street: You only live once — but if you work it right, once is enough. We’re all a little tired of our isolation and masks. We were all worried about our families...

Tisbury: Books, art, and blooms

Heard on Main Street: Some days, you're the dog; some days you're the lamp post. I had a rough week last week. On Monday I drowned my cell phone in the pool. On Wednesday I...

Tisbury: Senior Center

Heard on Main Street: Why do you press harder on a remote-control when you know the battery is dead? The Martha’s Vineyard Museum began summer rates and hours last weekend. The hours are Tuesday 10...

Tisbury: State of the Coast

Heard on Main Street: If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything. Today is the day — all Island libraries are sponsoring a webinar this evening at 6 pm by the Trustees...

Tisbury: Love it – Protect it – MV

Heard on Main Street: Live like someone left the gate open. Today, Thursday, May 20, at 4 pm is your chance to find out more about the plans for the Tisbury School. Call the Vineyard...

Tisbury: Gardens of Piet Oudolf

Heard on Main Street: When I make a typo on my password, why doesn’t the computer correct that? My daughter and I enjoyed a wonderful Mother’s Day and a delightful weekend. We went for walks,...

Tisbury: Online events and meetings

Heard on Main Street: You should get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful, or joyful. That’s why I have so much trouble throwing things away. I had a delightful gift last weekend. I have...

Tisbury: Finding a resolution

Heard on Main Street: When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water. Last week I was happy to have a chance to speak with Steve Bernier outside, as...
>