Flames engulfed a van in Chilmark Tuesday on Old Farm Road. The initial cause appears to be a generator that was being transported in the back of the van.
A contractor may have been painting lines on a tennis court at the address, which is off a long dirt road, Chilmark police said.
There were no apparent injuries. The fire destroyed the van.
Firefighters initially attacked the fire with foam, but then used water to finish snuffing it out.
Chilmark Fire Chief David Norton said the fire was not suspicious.