“ The decade ahead will be one of the most crucial breakdown or breakthrough moments in the history of our species.”
– Terry Tempest Williams, environmental thinker & advocate
RIGHT NOW, HERE IS HOW WE USE ENERGY
• 32% of the energy we consume is for our buildings in the form of propane and oil
• 45% of the energy we consume is for transportation in the form of gas, diesel and aviation fuel
• 23% of the energy we consume is in the form of electricity
• to reach the goal of 100% renewable by 2040, we need to convert to using electricity for our buildings and transportation. and get that electricity from renewable sources
READY TO BUY A NEW OR NEW-TO-YOU CAR?
Consider purchasing or leasing an electric vehicle. Go to Drive Green (bit.ly/DRIVE-GREEN) to learn about cost, rebates and where to buy them.
LOOKING TO REPLACE OR SUPPLEMENT YOUR HEATING EQUIPMENT?
Consider a Cold Climate Air Source Heat Pump. They are more energy efficient; provide heating, cooling and dehumidification & will save you money. Island heating contractors can install them and rebates are available from Mass Save.
An Edey Foundation grant supports this effort. Visit islandclimateaction.org/climate-action.