The Tisbury Council on Aging has reopened and is bringing groups back. For questions, additional information, or to sign up for programs, call us at 508-696-4205.
- August 12, legal clinic by appointment with Arthur Bergeron from Mirick O’Connell. Call to schedule, or watch MVTV for his presentations on Elder Law.
- August 3 and 17, from 10 am to 12 pm, food distribution will be held. Frozen soups and prepared meals from Island Grown Initiative are available on Tuesdays.
- August 3, Blood Pressure and Wellness Clinic, 10–11 am. Call for appointment.
Programs (call to register):
- Ukulele Group: Wednesdays, 1–3 pm
- Party Bridge: Fridays,1–4 pm
- Fitness and Balance Exercise Programs: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10 am (space limited)
- Call to schedule an appointment to meet with a SHINE counselor, who can help answer questions about secondary insurances to Medicare.
- Applying for a bus pass.
- Connecting with Audry, our elder companion
- Let us know if you are interested in becoming a volunteer. Duties may include greeting visitors and answering phones. Your help would be greatly appreciated.
The Home Modification Program is still being offered to seniors 65-plus who need housing modifications (traction/nonskid strips, grab bars, handrails for stairwells, smoke/carbon monoxide detectors, etc.). Call us for information, or get in contact with Cindy Trish of Healthy Aging M.V. by calling her office at 508-693-7900, ext. 455, or cell at 508-954-0357.
We hope to see you at the Center.