To the Editor:
The top 10 reasons President Biden will probably show up on the Vineyard this summer:
- Tradition. He just got elected president of the U.S. (See Clinton, Obama.)
- He’s a Democrat. (See Clinton, Obama.)
- He needs a scenery change. His beach place in Rehoboth Beach is nice, but it’s no Martha’s freakin’ Vineyard. Not enough electoral votes in Delaware, anyway.
- Re-election. Political money. The Vineyard is rolling in it.
- Re-election. Political money. He needs to get here before AOC discovers the place. (Yes, she will be old enough to run in 2024.)
6a. Worse. Much. Vladimir Putin is reportedly house-hunting somewhere around Herring Creek. Needs to be sent a strong message.
- If re-elected, the president will be about 99 in 2028, when he leaves office. He should start shopping Vineyard nursing homes now.
- Media relations. The Vineyard did wonders for Obama and Clinton. No journalist ever liked going to scorched East Texas to cover Bush the W.
- Ditto family, staff, and Secret Service. We’re only beginning to find out how much fun they had when Bill and Barack were here. Warning: Keep a careful eye on son Hunter.
- Ditto the Island economy. Someone has to house, wine, and dine all that humanity.
- He’s the most powerful person on Planet Earth. Name a better place to be in August.
Oak Bluffs and New Orleans